May 14, 2015
- James Altucher Show (Tim Ferriss experiment)
- When division is shutdown, new management/owner will not take any decisions.
- If the decision results into “loss”, new management will be blamed for shutting down the project/division.
- If the decision results into “profit”, old management gets the credit
- So leave it in a limbo :(
May 15, 2015
- Children spot “magic” easily
- They are always making theories
- Adults have a pattern to learning based on what we already know (This may be good or bad)
- “Play” means do something without thinking of “utility” (Difficult for adults)
- Humans aren’t the only mammals that laugh (Apes, Rats laugh too)
- We can easily detect Fake laugh Vs real laugh
- Children can’t easily detect Fake laugh, we learn (that) till we are mid-30s early 40s
- As we grow, we need social context to laugh (less contagious)
May 16, 2015
- 17 years with curl
- Name change :
- Initially httpget but then supported FTP protocol, so changed to urlget, but it supported POST as well, so changed to curl
- Program structure change :
- Originally one program, then split into libcurl - which other programs can use.
- curl binary also uses the library.
- php was (one of the?) first third party program to use libcurl
- Version controls used : CVS, git
- skipped using svn for the project but Daniel was a core contributor for svn
- Hosting change :
- Originally on sourceforge, now on github
- License changed :
- Originally GPL (default). Too restrictive, changed to MPL (not compatible w/ GPL?) Finally MIT - most liberal license
- Name change :