[This post was originally written in March 2016, but published only later] This is not a “How” to get started with Go post. This post chronicles my attempts, and reasons to get started with go. Why I am fascinated with the hugo static site generator tool. I am in a process to migrate one of my blogs to hugo (But it is too soon.) While reading thru the hugo documentation, I came across hugo-gallery.
I have used many editors (chiefly vim) and IDEs (pycharm) My colleagues use sublime text so I gave it a try, but always switched back to either pycharm for python coding, and vim for everything else (until I came across spacemacs, and now that is my main editor for last few months. I still use vim occasionally, on remote server etc.) Back to sublime text .. One of the thing I liked about sublime text was that I could just open a new window, start typing and even after I quit/restart sublime, my contents would be there.
Note : This post was originally written in org-mode. When I moved to hugo I “translated” in to markdown (via pandoc). That is why you see some TODO/DONE statuses below I have been meaning to setup emacs for email in general, but due to the size of my existing mailbox, setting up offlineimap (or mbsync for that matter) is a daunting task. I am sure I'll do that one day.
I don't know how much sense does the title make. But I didn't know how else to express, plus (I) didn't want to wait to figure out the title As mentioned earlier, I am using nikola for this blog, and posts are in org-mode as much as possible. For every post in nikola, I need to add meta data information like title, slug, date etc. Initially I created first one by hand, and copy pasted from older posts.
TL;DR: use something like this: :code:`some text` I have been using org-mode for my blog posts lately. It provides all the mark-up I need. Some days ago, I needed to cross-link to one of my posts. nikola (the python based static site generator used to power this blog) has a option just for that. (Refer to this) I tried to be smart, and used equivalent org notation, but it didn't work.